- Training of judges and legislators on various legal issues.
- Providing the government with independent analysis of proposed legislation.
- Assisting the government in the drafting of laws.
- Providing technical expertise to the Association of Judges, public and private attorneys and legal scholars.
- Creating and maintaining a Web Site page and a database with the current and proposed legislation.
- Providing a professional legal research environment for government and non-governmental organizations/institutions.
- Providing a non-partisan environment where drafts of laws can be discussed by the legislators, Western and local scholars and local interest groups.
Creating and maintaining a database for the distribution of IPLS information to domestic and international organizations and institutions.
- Mobilizing Albanian professionals to address the country’s pressing issues.
- Providing a professional environment and institution for research and development of Albanian professionals with an emphasis on the younger generation.
- Creating opportunities for research, development and analysis through collaboration with Albanian and international research institutions, publications, educational organizations, and universities.
- Supporting independent critical thinking and promoting a pro-active approach towards public affairs and public policy.
- Initiating interest of Albanian citizens through regular public discussions, workshops, lectures, and regional discussion forums.
- Providing analysis and solutions.
- Reviewing current and proposed laws and their impact on the further development of Albania.
- Publishing periodicals and positions papers either independently or in collaboration with other institutions.
- Publishing a monthly/quarterly journal that would describe IPLS activities, calendar of events, articles on relevant issues, and include a summary of IPLS policy/legal papers.